UltraMeal® Plus Natural Dutch Chocolate
Nutritional Support for Cardiovascular Disease
UltraMeal Plus is a medical food formulated with a proprietary soy protein and plant sterol blend to nutritionally support the management of conditions associated with cardiovascular disease, such as:
— Metabolic syndrome — Hypertriglyceridemia
— Altered body composition
UltraMeal Plus—along with a low-glycemic-index dietary program and regular exercise—has been clinically tested and shown to improve important markers of cardiovascular health and support a healthy body composition (a healthy ratio of lean muscle mass to fat mass).
* Provides 15 grams of soy protein per serving from PharmaSoy®. Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include 25 grams of soy protein a day may reduce the risk of heart disease. Soy protein has also been shown to have cholesterol-lowering effects.
* Provides 2 grams of plant sterols per serving. The NIH recommends consumption of 2 grams of plant sterols to promote healthy cholesterol levels. Foods containing at least 0.65 g per serving of plant sterol esters, eaten twice a day with meals for a daily total intake of at least 1.3 g, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease.
* Features ActiFolate™—a proprietary blend of active folates for healthy methylation and homocysteine metabolism.
* Supplies a low-glycemic-index meal option of only 160 calories.
* Provides a full complement of vitamins and minerals, including dairy-free calcium and chromium.
* Comes with a Quick-Start Guide or a more comprehensive Patient Guide for complete program guidelines.
* Available in natural and delicious, dairy-free Vanilla, Dutch Chocolate, Banana Blast, and Mocha.
Serving Size: 2 scoops (50 g)
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING (DUTCH CHOCOLATE):
Fat 2 g
Cholesterol* 0 mg
Carbohydrate 24 g
Simple 15 g
Complex 9 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Protein† 15 g
Soy Isoflavones 17 mg
Vitamin A (as retinyl palmitate) 1,750 IU
Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) 200 IU
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 60 mg
Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopheryl acetate) 11 IU
Thiamin (as thiamin hydrochloride) 750 mcg
Riboflavin 850 mcg
Niacin (as niacinamide) 10 mg
Pantothenic Acid (as D-calcium pantothenate) 5 mg
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride) 25 mg
Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin, cyanocobalamin) 15 mcg
Biotin 150 mcg
Folate†† (as folic acid, L-5-methyl tetrahydrofolate†††, and 5-formyl tetrahydrofolate) 500 mcg
Vitamin K 40 mcg
Sodium 160 mg
Potassium 510 mg
Calcium (as calcium phosphate) 600 mg
Iron (as ferrous fumarate) 2.7 mg
Phosphorus 460 mg
Iodine (as potassium iodide) 75 mcg
Magnesium† (as magnesium citrate) 150 mg
Zinc (as zinc citrate) 7.5 mg
Copper (as copper gluconate) 1 mg
Manganese (as manganese gluconate) 1 mg
Molybdenum (as molybdenum amino acid chelate) 75 mcg
Chromium (as chromium polynicotinate) 100 mcg
Selenium (as selenomethionine) 35 mcg
Plant Sterols (including beta-sitosterol and other plant sterols) 2,000 mg
Other Ingredients (Dutch Chocolate): Soy protein isolate† (PharmaSoy®), fructose, maltodextrin, soy fiber, plant sterols, corn bran, natural flavors, lecithin, olive oil, xanthan, carrageenan, and cellulose gum.
Recommendations: Blend, shake, or briskly stir two level scoops into eight ounces of chilled water.
Form: 25 oz. (700 g) Powder Container (Natural Banana Blast) (14 servings)
25 oz. (700 g) Powder Container (Natural Dutch Chocolate) (14 servings)
25 oz. (700 g) Powder Container (Natural Mocha) (14 servings)
25 oz. (700 g) Powder Container (Natural Vanilla) (14 servings)
Warnings: Excess consumption of maltitol may cause gastrointestinal upset.
* Information on cholesterol content is provided for individuals who, on the advice of a physician, are modifying their dietary intake of cholesterol.
† Non-genetically engineered, identity-preserved soy protein.
†† Featuring ActiFolate™—a proprietary blend of active folates.
††† As Metafolin® U.S. Patent Nos. 5,997,915; 6,254,904.
Vitamin A Warning: Excess Vitamin A intake may be toxic and may increase the risk of birth defects. Pregnant women and women who may become pregnant should not exceed 5,000 IU of pre-formed vitamin A (retinyl acetate or retinyl palmitate) per day. It is also recommended that children under four should not regularly consume more than 2,500 IU per day.
Featuring Metafolin®, a patented source of body-ready L-5-methyl-tetrahydrofolate (L-5-MTHF)
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.